From: Sean Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 5:28 PM
To: Chris Devers
Cc: Adedayo Adeyeye; Perl Beginners - CGI List
Subject: Re: Filering a file

On 12/5/05 9:47 AM, "Chris Devers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Sean Davis wrote:
>
>> See here:
>>
>> http://<mumble.mumble.ua>
>
> Please do not link to this site.
>
> These are pirated copies of the books in question, hosted on a Ukranian
> web server without the authorization of the publishers or authors of the
> books in question.
>
> There are legit ways to get access to these books, including O'Reilly's
> Safari book subscription service, your favorite local or online
> bookstores, and good old public libraries.
>
> I'd have expected someone with a .gov address to be more cognizant of
> such flagrant circumvention of copyright law... :-)

To Chris and others on the list, I apologize.  More importantly, I should
apologize to Tom Christiansen and Nathan Torkington, the authors of the book
in question.  I was much too quick to post the link from google without
reading the copyright (quoted below) available as a link from the homepage
for the site.  This was unacceptable of me to do, particularly on a list
that claims to be giving advice to beginners.  Again, my sincerest
apologies.

Sean

Copyright notice:

The electronic versions of Perl in a Nutshell, Learning Perl, Learning Perl
on Win32 Systems, Programming Perl, Advanced Perl Programming, and Perl
Cookbook are copyright C 1999 by O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.; all rights
reserved.

This CD-ROM is intended for use by one individual. As such, you may make
copies for your own personal use. However, you may not provide copies to
others, or make this reference library available to others over a LAN or
other network. You may not reprint, offer for sale, or otherwise re-use
material from this book without the explicit written permission of O'Reilly
& Associates, Inc. If you would like to discuss licensing for multiple
users, contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You can purchase print editions of these books directly from O'Reilly &
Associates, Inc. (see http://www.oreilly.com/order_new/) or from bookstores
that carry O'Reilly & Associates books.