发件人: Sean Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
发送时间: 2006年7月7日 3:10
收件人: I BioKid; cpan-discuss@perl.org; cgiapp@lists.erlbaum.net;
beginners-cgi@perl.org
主题: Re: [cgiapp] CGI Script to pass a file to different servers

On 7/6/06 3:00 PM, "I BioKid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> We have 3 inhouse web servers and 2 remote web servers.
> All of this web server accept same type of files as input : say foo.txt
> (these file contain some data and the 5 web server will process it and gives
> its respective results)
>
> Now, we are planning to integrate these 5 server in to a single form  (web
> page)
> (so that the users dont need to visit all the 5 web pages)
>
> But, my doubt is how I will pass this single file to different server ?
> Is there any technic ? Is there any particular module ?
> --
> I was thinking about this problem and I got one simple solution :
> 1. Provide a check box + file upload details on page one of new server
> 2. On next page there will be submit buttons for selected respective check
> boxes selected already
> 3. store the uploaded file in /tmp area
> 4. Onclick on submit button pass the file to respective server (but here
> also how to pass my file from my server to remote server ? )
> Is this a feasible idea  ?

This doesn't sound like a very good design to me.  Sounds like you are
trying to use a distributed computing concept.  I would make one machine the
webserver to handle input/output for the user and set up a process on the
webserver to distribute the files in the background to the appropriate
compute machine.  After processing, have each compute machine deposit the
results back to the webserver.

Sean

P.S.  It is generally not a good idea to post to several lists like you have
done here.  So far, this question sounds like it probably best fits on
beginners-cgi.