I am trying to execute the printenv perl script in the cgi-bin
directory and it is printing the code instead of executing the
script.  Normally this is prety basic stuff setting this up however I
just can't get it to work.  I have gone through the Apache
documentation and performed everything to the letter and the feedback
there is if it still doesn't work, do it again... There are only so
many times you can do the exact same thing...

I can run the script from the command line as the httpd user so Perl
is installed and the script works fine.

Perl = /usr/bin/perl

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/usr/local/apache2.0.54/bindist/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "/usr/local/apache2.0.54/bindist/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

(NOTE: I tried adding a forward slash to the end of the Directory
value but to no effect)

[conf]# cat ../cgi-bin/printenv
#!/usr/bin/perl
##
##  printenv -- demo CGI program which just prints its environment
##

print "Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1\n\n";
foreach $var (sort(keys(%ENV))) {
    $val = $ENV{$var};
    $val =~ s|\n|\\n|g;
    print "${var}=\"${val}\"\n";
}

I must be missing something but I can't for the life of me figure out
what it is???

Any help - please?