Hi Raheel,

On Monday 26 Apr 2010 11:01:56 Raheel Hassan wrote:
> Hi Shlomi,
>
> >Sorry for the late response.
>
> No problem it was a week end so i was also resting a bit :))

OK.

> >It's pretty old. If you're using it as a desktop, you may wish to upgrade

> >2010.0.
>
> Yes i am using it on my Desktop.

OK, then you probably should upgrade.

> >A lot of these can be installed by configuring urpmi to use the contrib
> >repository. It would be easier after upgrading Mandriva.
>
> Actually i am a new user on Mandirva, therefore i do not know much about
> how to configure urpmi etc. Could you please give me any tips that how i
> can add these modules in the exsisting version of Mandriva.

First of all please read:

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Tools/urpmi

After you configure the urpmi remote sources (from which it downloads the
Mandriva .rpm packages to install), you can use something like:

# urpmi perl-MIME-Lite

(The # is the root shell prompt - do not include it.)

to install the MIME-Lite CPAN distribution from urpmi, or alternatively:

# urpmi perl(MIME::Lite)

to install the MIME::Lite Perl namespace/package.

There may be some pages on the Mandriva wiki (link above) in order to install
perl packages, but these are the basics.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish