On 07.11.2009, at 14:45, Christine Wolfe wrote:

Wow! That worked. But I'm sorry to hear that morph doesn't support a loop like I wanted. That sounds restrictive but maybe I just need more time in
world to become squeakified.

Actually that's a restriction of about any event-driven GUI. Your code must not wait until some event occurs because the other UI elements would be blocked by that. Everything (e.g. event handling, animation, painting) is done in call-back methods, the main loop calls your code which must return ASAP.

The only way around that is by using background processes, which is possible in Squeak of course, but usually introduces many more problems than it solves. Better adhere to the standard practices, which is do-one-thing-and-return.

- Bert -