Hi all,

Below is a piece of code central to my problem. I've used this a lot of
time without problem, but on this occasion, it fails me. Whenever I run the
script, it ends with the error "bash: ./test.pl: No such file or
directory". The funny thing is, if I activate the debug option (use
#!/usr/bin/perl -d) and step through the code, it does what I want, no
errors given there.

Can somebody points me to the cause of this? Seeing that it works when
debugged suggests that it is not permission problem, or is it? I know it's
going to be something simple that I miss. Anyway, I am using Red Hat 6.2
and perl 5.005_03.

#!/usr/bin/perl
open (FLT, "once_filter.txt") || warn "can not open filter file: $!";
while (<FLT>) {
#  chomp;
   $Filter= $_;
   printf "Search filter is $Filter\n";

... snip ...

}
close (FLT) || warn "can not close filter file: $!";

         Thanks and regards,
         Billy Joedono

         "Courtesy comes by default, but respect I gotta earn"