From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] AT INTERNET on 05/09/2001 12:23 PM

To:   Kailash Subramanian/ATL/ALLTELCORP
cc:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] AT INTERNET@CCMAIL

Subject:  Re: gzip or Compress::Zlib

Hi Kailash,

If you are doing the compression from with a Perl script, use
Archive::Tar
(which uses Compress::Zlib in the background). After installing the
modules,
use the following commands to see their documentation (which will give
you the
basic syntax):

perldoc Archive::Tar
perldoc Compress::Zlib

Cheers,
Kevin

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 12:23:16PM -0400,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kailas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]) spew-ed forth:

> Hello,
>      Can somebody advice on whether to use UNIX gzip or the perl
Compress::Zli

--
[Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
Never laugh at a live dragon.