SS HK writes ..

>I would like to install some of the CPAN modules. How
>can I do that. I am using ActivePerl on Windows.
>
>Any pointers would be greatly helpful.

while others have mentioned 'ppm' which should be your first port of call ..
there are only a limited number of modules (albeit the commonly used ones)
that have been made available via ppm

so .. if you need to grab a module from CPAN then you will need nmake.exe
for building the modules .. in some instances you will also need a C
compiler

nmake comes with Microsoft Visual C++ .. which also has nmake .. so if you
have access to that then install it

otherwise .. you can get a free version of nmake from Microsoft .. which
will mean that you will not be able to install any modules that require
compilation .. but you can install pure Perl modules (which accounts for a
fairly high proportion)

I'm not going to tell you where the free nmake is because you'll learn a lot
more than I'm telling you here by reading the ActivePerl documentation -
which also tells you where to find nmake

get to the ActivePerl documentation on your Start > Programs menu .. read
the section of the ActivePerl FAQ entitled "Modules & Samples" .. and then
read all the rest of the FAQ .. it has all the information you need (one
hint: where it talks about gzip and tar - you can use WinZip for both
untarring and ungzipping the archives)

--
  jason king

  In Denmark, if a horse carriage is trying to pass a car and the horse
  gets uneasy, the car is required to pull over and stop. If necessary
  to ease the horse down, you are required to cover the car up. -
  http://dumblaws.com/