Brett W. McCoy writes ..

>On Wed, 9 May 2001, Rod Suter wrote:
>
>> I'm using perl through emacs, but I want to bring along some
>people on
>> NT4.0.  They're accustomed to Visual Studio, and want IDE features,
>> such as project directories, global search and replace, debugger
>> linking, source code error hilighting, etc. Can anyone suggest a good
>> group environment for developing perl? My first urge is to set up
>> Ultra-Edit with some appropriate customization.
>
>Doesn't ActiveState have a VisualPerl?  There's also Komodo, which is
>built on Mozilla.

I tried to get VisualPerl up and running on my Win2k machine here .. could
get it working .. it relies on the .NET framework - which is still not
release quality code .. and the debugger just kept crashing

so based on that I'd recommend the originator goes for Komodo (although I
haven't tried it)

>Of course, you can also use emacs on Windows -- it has everything you
>describe (syntax highlighting, search and replace, etc).

and just because it *has* to be said .. I use Vim on windows for all my Perl
.. with the ActiveState graphical debugger from the PDK .. great toolset (no
'projects' though .. I let the filesystem be my project)

--
  jason king

  In Denmark, if a horse carriage is trying to pass a car and the horse
  gets uneasy, the car is required to pull over and stop. If necessary
  to ease the horse down, you are required to cover the car up. -
  http://dumblaws.com/