It is quite interesting. I am curious to know how do you print to a network
printer ? Please excuse me if I am asking a dumb question.

Amar

-----Original Message-----
From:   King, Jason [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, May 14, 2001 8:32 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: Can you print directly to the default printer?

RICHARD A. NAKROSHIS (Contractor) writes ..

>I hate to ask dumb questions, but how do you print directly to the
>default Windows printer?  I've tried using a batch file to call my
>ActivePerl 5.6 perl script, writing my output to a file, and then
>printing that file, but the perl script doesn't finish before the
>program attempts to print the file.
>
>Is there a way to send something direct to the printer?

this doesn't print to the 'default' printer (don't know how to find the
default printer) .. but assuming that your printer is a local printer on
LPT1 .. then the following will print to it

  open PRINTER, 'lpt1:' or die "Bad open: $!";
  print PRINTER "stuff\n";
  close PRINTER or die "Bad close: $!";

--
  jason king

  By South Carolina state law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried
  woman, the marriage must take place. - http://dumblaws.com/