"King, Jason" wrote:

> if I were you - I'd use Word (or some other printer enabled program) to
> print .. notepad for example has a /p option .. so you can write a temporary
> file and print it using notepad (which will use the default printer)
>
> none of the solutions are very tidy

I'm the one that started this thread, and using an editor with a /p
print switch is what I tried to do originally.

Example batch file:

PERL myscript.pl
NOTEPAD /p printme.txt

Run from a batch file, Windows will probably try running notepad before
the script has had a chance to finish creating printme.txt.  Thus, I
wanted to try having the script print the output file itself to avoid
this problem.