Chris,

You might want to start by reading the documentation for 'opendir' (perldoc -f
opendir) or view it online here:
http://www.perl.com/pub/doc/manual/html/pod/perlfunc/opendir.html

Now, you can then use a simple regexp (perldoc perlre) to see if you have any
all-uppercase characters in your file names
something like
        do_your_stuff;
    }

Try it out, see how far you get and feel free to ask if you get stuck!

Kind regards,

Jos Boumans