--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> To keep the code as modular and managable as possible I would prefer
> not to define all the routines in the main script.
> It seems like using 'require' is the way to go (since I don't have
> the time or experience to do modules at the moment).

Modules are actually pretty easy.
Try it: make a file in the same directory as a test script. Call it
abc.pm, and paste in this:

  package abc; # this declares the namespace for the module

  sub argtest { print "recieved: ", join(';', @_),"\n"; }

  1; # always add this at the end of a module

now make test script tst.pl:

  use abc;
  abc::argtest(1..3);

then run it with

  perl tst.pl

It should print:

  recieved: 1;2;3

That's a horrifically simplistic example, but it's a good quick-start.
=o)

Then read
   perldoc perlmod
           perlmodlib

Worlds more to see in the OO examples, but that's for later. ;o]