I wrote a program for my friend that will email him
his ip address if it has change while he was go (I
told him that this wasn't a great idea but he said it
was the only way that he could access a home machine
from work if his dsl dropped the connection) Right now
I have a very rough version but it just seems ugly. He
uses LINUX so basically I spawn an ifconfig and parse
through the output. It would seem to me that since
perl has a ton of networking libs that it would have
one to get the ip of a given piece of hardware. I
looked in the camel but didn't find anything that I
thought that I could use. Was I wrong? would CPAN have
something. Thank you in advance.
David Monarres <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>