--- Bernhard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi! I'm using a html form, where you can enter a file (a picture) and
> upload it, but when i send the form the Perl script only gets the
> local Adress of the file, but not the Data (so the picture) of the
> file. How can i save the picture in a new file on my Disk?
> I have programmed it so that the new file will be saved in a new
> Folder.

If you're using CGI.pm, then I think the name you get is also the
opened filehandle from which to read the content. Just open the new
filename you want, read the data, write to disk.

Check the CGI.pm docs. Oh, and make *sure* you use a multipart form!

=====
print "Just another Perl Hacker\n"; # edited for readability =o)
Real friends are those whom, when you inconvenience them, are bothered less by it than
you are. -- me. =o)