List, I got this paragraph in recent correspondence with someone
off-list:

> I'm not so much discouraged as realize that I need a bit more time
> with Perl before I can understand most of what gets passed around in
> the list. I'll be back in a couple of months. From my short exposure,
> it seems that the beginners's list is not so much for true beginners
> as a forum for enthusiasts to get help from professionals.

It doesn't sound like any sort of recrimination, but I thought we might
want to keep it in mind. I for one am certainly guilty of going a
little too far into the deep end more often than necessary.

For those of you reading the list looking for help, please help *us* by
giving us code examples of what you're doing. There's no better way to
see at what level you're working (though you should note if you copied
it from a book or something. =o)

Paul