On Tuesday, June 5, 2001, at 07:37 AM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> That's why I bring it up as a meta-topic.  We've had
> to deal with the same thing on perlmonks.org

Randal, no offence meant, but I was under the impression that the
purpose of this list was to answer questions, and not say tell new users
to RTFM.

I admit, I was disappointed to see you active in this forum, because
your answers to beginner questions on PerlMonks are the type that this
list was supposed to be avoiding.

I respect that you know an awful lot about Perl. That's fine and good.
This forum is for people who don't have your expertise, and sometimes
when they're looking for an answer to a question -- they'd really like
to hear an answer to their question and not "you don't want to do
that -- read this web page."