Chuck> Randal, no offence meant, but I was under the impression that the
Chuck> purpose of this list was to answer questions, and not say tell new
Chuck> users to RTFM.

Please point to where I've RTFM'ed someone here, except when the
question was specifically "where do I read about X?".  In fact, for
that matter, let's also point out the (lack of) places I do that on
PerlMonks and comp.lang.perl.m*.  So, what are you actually saying
here?  Or are you confusing me with your image of "evil expert
answerers" which I have not earned?

Chuck> I admit, I was disappointed to see you active in this forum,
Chuck> because your answers to beginner questions on PerlMonks are the
Chuck> type that this list was supposed to be avoiding.

Again, are you confusing me with someone else?  I know about once
every six weeks or so my life appears to me to have gone to hell, and
I spend about a day ranting until I get it burned off.  Do those few
days every six weeks so overshadow the other days in the cycle that
you can't see the forest for the trees?

Chuck> I respect that you know an awful lot about Perl. That's fine
Chuck> and good. This forum is for people who don't have your
Chuck> expertise, and sometimes when they're looking for an answer to
Chuck> a question -- they'd really like to hear an answer to their
Chuck> question and not "you don't want to do that -- read this web
Chuck> page."

And in what way have I done that?  Please point to specifics.

There's a great node at PerlMonks, where someone who had carried a
grudge about the way I answer things actually went back and looked at
what he thought were my horrible answers and behaviors.  And much to
his surprise, he was working off some old and inappropriate data, and
apologized for that.  Now I'm not expecting the same from you, but is
it possible you are lumping *me* in with those people you hate to have
around as answerers?  If so, can you please step back and rexamine
what you're saying?

(See the thread beginning at
<http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=77019> for details.)

I don't mind being properly shunned, but let's really look at the
facts here, and if the facts point out to deconstructive behavior,
then RUB MY NOSE in it... don't just handwave.  I'm interested in
changing, and looking for feedback to do so.  If you think I'm
answering something here inappropriately, HIT THE FRIGGIN REPLY BUTTON
on the message, and tell me why it strikes you wrong.  I WILL LISTEN.

And I bet you hit that REPLY button far less than your theory about me
says you should. :)