I've run Activestate perl on NT and W2000.  On NT I had to use perl <program name>.
On 2000 I only need the program name.  What would be required on a "consumer" rather
that "business' M$ Operating system I don't know.  It "should" be a matter of
associating the extension you are using with the perl program, and having the program
in the path.  But M$ is not noted for consistency in design.

Chris D. Garringer
LAN/WAN Manager
Master Certified Netware Engineer
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Certified Solaris Administrator
Red Hat Certified Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax 713-896-5266

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/15/01 03:59PM >>>
Ok, I'll take a different approach to my question.

Is there anyone out there who runs their PERL scripts on a Windows Me driven
computer? If so, what version of PERL do you use and "EXACTLY"  what steps do
you take to get your scripts to run on your system. (Porperty settings,
command line option, batch files, the whole nine). Also are there any Books
or online documents that consentrates exclusively on running PERL scripts on
a windows me system. All I want to do is practice my scripts as I'm learning
PERL But It seems like getting the scripts to run is harder than learning the
actual Language.