At 10:09 AM 6/27/01 -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>And since this is just a tough way to say "join", I'd flunk it in
>a code review.

Which is a good excuse to mention here that at the Perl Conference in San
Diego, there will be a Bird-of-a-Feather session devoted to code reviews
from well-known Perl gurus, the kinds of people who normally charge
multinational companies a fortune to trim their code down to a few lines.

It's from 6:00 to 8:00 on Thursday 7/26; see
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2001/pub/10/bofs.html, which
describes it thus:

         Bring up to 3 pages of Perl code (printout,
         laptop/handheld, or floppy) and receive
         one-on-one coaching from a Perl guru, who will
         advise you on how to improve the code and
         your Perl programming skills.  Personal
         mentoring directed to your specific application,
         from some of the best people qualified to give it.

No-one will flunk you... I think... and your code will not be displayed for
others to see.
--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies