At 02:24 AM 6/29/01 +0400, Maxim Berlin wrote:
>Thursday, June 28, 2001, Randal L. Schwartz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>RLS> NO NO.  That doesn't work.  All of those unshifts are executed REGARDLESS
>RLS> of the $OS type.
>[...]
>Randal, thank you for your patience and examples, but please do not
>explain how BEGIN works again. I know that.
>
>RLS> So, Maxim, YOU are demonstrating the very reason I would flunk your
>RLS> code.  It *doesn't* work!
>my code is not absolytely correct, but it *works*. In
>*this* case form is more important than contents for *me*.

Your idea of "working" needs some revision.  Your code may produce the
results you want, but it is structured in a way that implies you don't
understand what it's doing, or you wouldn't have done it that way.  That's
unhelpful to beginners in particular, and you would be well served by
looking again to see how Randal's analysis can be used to improve your use
of Perl.  This is not just a matter of style.  I could and would have made
the same arguments, but Randal was faster and more articulate.

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies