Maxim> Randal, thank you for your patience and examples, but please do not
Maxim> explain how BEGIN works again. I know that.

No, you don't.  I'll stop here, I'm apparently beating my head
against your brick wall.

And judging from the other responses you got on this thread, I'm
not off my rocker.  One of us has additional supporters.  One of us
doesn't.  There's a big clue there.