On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Casey West wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 08:31:01PM -0400, Quang Bui wrote:
> : I'm writing a paper on this email list and I need to
> : know the following:
> :
> : 1. Who sponsors this list?
>
> No one sponsors this list.  There are several people behind the scenes
> who work not for money or food, but because it's The Right Thing.  On
> the other hand, I believe that valueclick provides the hardware and
> bandwidth but are they are not sponsors.

Yes, ValueClick pays hardware and bandwidth for the perl.org lists
and several of the perl.org websites (including www.cpan.org). So
those parts are indeed sponsored.

> : 2. What mail list manager (MLM) does the list use?
> :    I think it's ezmlm.
>
> I think you're right but I haven't checked and don't remember.  :-)

Yup, it's ezmlm.

Number of subscribers as of right now:

daily-tips: 5658  - http://learn.perl.org/tips/
beginners:  2754
beginners-cgi: 1529

The daily-tips list is getting between 50 and 100 new subscribers
every day.

  - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/   !try; do();