Perhaps the DOS FC (file compare) command will suffice for your application:

Compares two files or sets of files and displays the differences
between them

FC [/A] [/C] [/L] [/LBn] [/N] [/T] [/U] [/W] [/nnnn] [drive1:]
[path1]filename1 [drive2:][path2]filename2

FC /B [drive1:][path1]filename1 [drive2:][path2]filename2

   /A     Displays only first and last lines for each set of
          differences.
   /B     Performs a binary comparison.
   /C     Disregards the case of letters.
   /L     Compares files as ASCII text.
   /LBn   Sets the maximum consecutive mismatches to the
          specified number of lines.
   /N     Displays the line numbers on an ASCII comparison.
   /T     Does not expand tabs to spaces.
   /U     Compare files as UNICODE text files.
   /W     Compresses white space (tabs and spaces) for
          comparison.
   /nnnn  Specifies the number of consecutive lines that must
          match after a mismatch.

Will