On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 08:07:25AM -0400, Steve Starer wrote:

> I am the perl administrator here, and new to both perl as a programming
> language, and as the site admin. I've got no problem getting modules. My
> question is how do I remove them? In particular, I'm in a Solaris site, and
> had to install the DBD bundle and Sybase DBI. I ended up with a module
> useful mostly for win32, named DBD::ADO.

DBD::ADO installs with DBI (this may change soon), as does a number of
other pure perl drivers.

> Just removing it from the tree seemed to be insufficient. There doesn't seem
> to be any way to remove it via the CPAN interactive shell. Any suggestions
> will be gratefully appreciated.

Currently if you want to remove it using CPAN, you'll need to remove DBI
... not a good solution.

If your reason is because CPAN reports a version difference, you can
either use CPAN to force install DBD::ADO, hack the version number in
DBD::ADO, or ignore it.

Tim Bunce is (DBI author) is considering removing the pure perl drivers
for DBI in favor of using Bundle::DBI.

On the other had, you can review and send patches to help improve
DBD::ADO, it is pure (some places ugly) perl code ... ;->

Tom