Hi,

Using the DBI module, I've retrieved a row set from a database. I have an $ary_ref with which to access the data.

As I understand it, $ary_ref is:
a reference to ...
an array of references to ...
fixed-length arrays containing the selected cells from each row.

The SELECT statement that produced this result specified three columns to return; A, B, and C.

I want to take the values of A and C from each row, concatenate them with equal-signs, surround this pair with parens, and join these with commas.

e.g.

(a1=c1),(a2=c2),(a3=c3) ... etc.

I've been trying to do this in one statement, which perhaps isn't advisable, nesting join() functions, but I'm failing thoroughly. Could anyone show me the way (or dissuade me; whatever)?

Thank you,
Chap Harrison