On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 08:50 -0400, "Chas. Owens" <chas.ow...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Your whois information suggests that you live in the US; I am always
> amazed to hear fellow Americans say things like "that book is
> expensive."  We have a wonderful lending library system in this
> country, use it.  If your local library does not have the 3rd Edition
> of Programming Perl, then ask you librarian to order a copy.  They
> generally want to help you.

Actually, no. I live in the UK, and price for O'Reilly books here are
significantly higher. Amazon US has "Intermediate Perl" new for $25,
while Amazon UK has it for $46, excluding postage. Also, I live in a
relatively small town in Scotland, whose libraries tend not to purchase
obscure programming books on demand.

Look, I'm not after pity. I just want advice about which book to get.

Cheers,
Richard