Soham Das wrote:

> Thank You!

YW.  :-)

> But isn't Perl used to generate those testbench scripted in Verilog?
> This is what I had an impression of.

One of Perl's slogans is "there is more than one way to do it" (TIMTOWTDI).  I
described one approach; using Perl to generate HDL test benches is another.
Picking an approach and making it work is up to you.

> And is it possible to run Perl scripts using iVerilog.

That depends upon iVerilog.  You need to check the iVerilog documentation
and/or find iVerilog support.

> I think most of what I am talking doesnt make much sense, because I
> am a bit new to Perl, and even newer to automated testing.

You have an idea and are exploring options.  Having a useful problem to solve
will motivate and focus your search.  Learning more about Perl *will* make you
a better engineer, regardless of whether or not you use it for this particular
problem.  Start with the book "Learning Perl":

    http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596520106/

HTH,

David

> To: David Christensen
> Cc: beginners@perl.org

p.s.  Please send mail To the list and cc individuals; this approach works
better with spam filtering, mail sorting rules, etc..