  SB> I thought afterword that it had to do with precedence. I'll stick to
  SB> using brackets when I know I need the left side evaluated before moving
  SB> forward.

you don't need parens (those aren't brackets, [] are brackets, {} are
braces) for that, just use the proper op eq and you get a better test
and the op is faster and binds better.

  SB> I don't want to change the object method's behaviour just for a test, so
  SB> can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can override the
  SB> object method's needed die() statement on the test side, so the method
  SB> I'm testing doesn't die() the test?

you need to wrap the call in block eval and check for die
afterwards. see perldoc -f eval and perlvar for $...@. note that this is
BLOCK eval which is fine to use anywhere you want to trap dies and not
string eval which is evil unless absolutely necessary.

  SB> is ($user->add_plan(\%plan_info), 0, "Don't want to die()!");

        eval { $user->add_plan(\%plan_info) } ;

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  u...@stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --