Amit Saxena <learn.tech...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> The client for which I am working will not allow any external utility /
> modules to be installed on their development / production environments.
> Moreover they want the solution implemented using Perl only.

Actually, mon ist pure Perl, so it should fit the bill on that count.

Depending on the OS/distro your customer is using, they might even be able to
install a mon package from one of their trusted sources.

Even if you're not going to use mon, it should provide you with a wealth of
ideas on how to write monitoring code in Perl.

HTH,
Thomas