Steve Bertrand wrote:
Mihir Kamdar wrote:
I dont have Datetime module installed. Is there a way without using
DateTime??

As always, TIMTOWTDI, but I have to maintain a lot of legacy code, where
the original author (including myself) would rewrite date routines
(differently) in each subroutine that needed to parse/manipulate dates.

I would highly advise that you get DateTime installed at any cost. It is
consistent, extremely flexible, and very well maintained and documented.
 There is also a spectacular number of different formatting modules as
well that make all tasks involving dates easy and enjoyable.

Or even better, get the date format changed to Système International (SI), which is, 4-digit year, 2-digit month, 2-digit day. I thought everyone fixed this problem in Y2K.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

I like Perl; it's the only language where you can bless your
thingy.