From: "Gabor Szabo" <szab...@gmail.com>
On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Octavian Râsnita<orasn...@gmail.com> wrote:
From: "Gabor Szabo" <szab...@gmail.com>

As in many of the project the core developers
are usually more Linux/OSX people and the beginners will tend to be more
Windows people, one will have to go the extra miles and explain in terms
that make sense on windows. If done correctly and documents are generated
from these explanations then the second or third beginner will already
have all the info pointed out in a document or on a wiki.

It is also important that the programs should also run fine under Windows.
Unfortunately it is not the case of Padre anymore.

I've tried to install Padre using the CPAN shell but it gave very many
errors, including tens of error windows like:

perl.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because wxbase28u_gcc_wxperl.dll was
not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
OK

(I use ActivePerl 5.10.0 under Win XP).

Octavian

You never told us about this problem.

Actually currently Windows is most beginner friendly platform for Padre and
Padre has an installer on Windows. It currently brings a whole
Strawberry Perl with it
and it needs to be the only perl on the system but there are plans to
create a version
that would hide the fact that it is in Perl and would work well
together with any
other Perl on the system.

Gabor

**
Aha, I understand. This might be the issue. I use ActivePerl and not Strawberry. I've tried Strawberry Perl but I found very many modules I couldn't install with it, the PPM under that distro of Perl has less features than ActiveState's one, I also need ActiveState PDK that also requires ActivePerl, so...

Octavian