> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Randal L. Schwartz
> <mer...@stonehenge.com>wrote:
>

>> Yup.  I care when it might harm others.  Otherwise, I tend not to
>> talk... plenty of other people here to give answers.  I only doublecheck
>> answers anymore.
>>
> Yes, that is why this list gets 5 emails on average per day and other
> comparable language lists gets 40.

Remember, correlation does not imply causality.

Maybe people get answers faster here.  Or the archives already answer most
questions.  Or perl is easy enough to use that people don't have to ask a
lot of questions.

I've gotten some seriously impressive responses to my questions and am 10x
the programmer I'd be without this list (though that may not be saying
much).

> Keep it up and the hollier-than-though's will have the list to themselves
> eventually.

The respect is earned.  It wouldn't surprise me if Einstein didn't have much
patience for criticism from those with short resumes...

- B