Hi everybody,

Is it possible to implement an incremental find* feature on a Perl CGI page? I'm running Apache2 with mod_perl on linux.

For example, if I have a list of stuff (A, Aa, B, Bb, C, CA, etc. stored in a file or database) and when a user starts typing in A into the web form, 2 suggestions in a drop down menu will come up (A and Aa but not CA). Users will be able to click on this drop down menu and the web form will be filled with what they clicked on. A real life example would be Google Suggest**.

Or this type of stuff should be done with another language/technology?

Many thanks!

Dave

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incremental_find
**http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106230