This is the stuff JavaScript will do, nothing about CGI, which is a server-end
implement.

On Nov 17, 2009, Dave Tang <d.t...@imb.uq.edu.au> wrote:

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to implement an incremental find* feature on a Perl CGI
page? I'm running Apache2 with mod_perl on linux.

For example, if I have a list of stuff (A, Aa, B, Bb, C, CA, etc. stored
in a file or database) and when a user starts typing in A into the web
form, 2 suggestions in a drop down menu will come up (A and Aa but not
CA). Users will be able to click on this drop down menu and the web form
will be filled with what they clicked on. A real life example would be
Google Suggest**.