120 wrote:
On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 11:06 +1000, Dave Tang wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:58:24 +1000, 120 <zen158...@zen.co.uk> wrote:

Apologies for my error - if I may point out that sending 'off list'
replies is also equally rude.

May I ask about this netiquette? I usually thank people who have helped me "off list", as I don't like to clog everyone's email with my thank you note.

It's generally considered very rude - but the world is full of rude
arseholes. Many of them can be found on the perl list.

Nonsense. I have posted hundreds of replies to this list over six years now; the vast majority were copied to the OP and not a soul has complained until now, although people have become highly agitated about relatively insignificant things.

Rob