Yes  I have started using Git and I am very happy with it so far.

Just couple of questions - How can I make my code readonly using Git such
that it can be edited only when it is checked out.

Also if I want to take entire code base to particular revision, I guess I
need to use - 'git checkout <commit_name>'. So is commit name something like
- '11666c32ad1008a88a603d7ebc5cea144495789e'

Cheers,
Parag