On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Bob McConnell <r...@cbord.com> wrote:
> Is there a cleaner way to pass those variables into each test script?

I'm unfamiliar with testing practices in Perl, but I would imagine
that almost anything would be better than using environment variables
to store test values (IMO, at least). :P One potential alternative is
to pass command line arguments. I think that would be nicer than
having to configure a special environment. You could then load them
with a single line, which sure beats 5:

my ($browser, $site, $build, $user, $pwd, $fn, $ln, $usid) = @ARGV;

Couldn't you also just store the test in a subroutine and then hard
code the test values into the Perl script itself, calling the
subroutine with all of the different test data? I would imagine that
would be better...

  sub my_test
  {
      my ($browser, $site, $build, $user, $pwd, $fn, $ln, $usid) = @_;

  my_test ...;
  my_test ...;
  my_test ...;
  my_test ...;
  my_test ...;

Again, though, I'm not familiar with the testing framework you're
using (I'm brand new to Perl). >_<