Hi!

The OS is Windows 7 with x64 chipset. I downloaded the ActivePerl 5.10
for x64 (
http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/releases/5.10.1.1007/ActiveP
erl-5.10.1.1007-MSWin32-x64-291969.msi ). After installation, it shows:

-    ............

-    couldn't make registry entry:

-    couldn't make registry entry:

-    Couldn't register PerlScript engine

-    Couldn't register Perl eventlog message catalog

-    unable to update PATH in registry:

Did you run that as Administrator? Is the computer part of a Windows Domain or Standalone? I'm guessing that you don't have the user rights to change the registry.

If the computer is part of a domain, make sure you run the installer as local Admin.

And, before i forget: Make sure you got all Windows Updates installed before installing ActivePerl. If you use automatic updated, go to http://update.microsoft.com and install optional updates that may be available. There may be updates for the Microsoft Installer Service and for Dotnet.

A further possibility is that some AntiVirus program blocked access. You might wanna check its logfiles.

LG
Rene