Dear Friends,

I'm looking for some help from the Perl community. I hope this is the right
place to ask for information.

I'm putting together a website aimed at high school students and teachers, and
would like to make sure the following page is as good as possible:

        http://programming.dojo.net.nz/languages/perl/index

In particular, "Why would I learn this language?" section needs to have a few
paragraphs. I don't use Perl predominantly so I hoped that you could provide
the main reasons why Perl is a language someone would want to learn about.

It would also be great if someone could rewrite the Perl source code example so
that it is as close as possible to the C implementation:

        http://programming.dojo.net.nz/languages/c/index

It should still use the Perl features where it makes sense. It would be great
if you could include comments explaining how it works and what is happening
(like the C example).

Any other suggestions or ideas for the Perl page would be fantastic, and any
suggestions to other pages in general is also very helpful.

        http://programming.dojo.net.nz/

Kind regards,
Samuel