"Bob McConnell" <r...@cbord.com> wrote on 05/17/2010 02:26:58 PM:
> What is the difference between this and exporting a YAML file? Where
> would either be preferred over the other?

Except for the obvious syntax and that YAML might be easier to read for
"end users" that just happen to edit a config file, I guess there's none.
AFAIK, YML has a notation for references (i.e., let one node of the
document refer to another), too. So it all depends on the parser.

I'm not sure whether evaluating perl code would be fast than parsing YML,
but for a config file, I guess it wouldn't make much of a difference.

                  Eric

--
Eric MSP Veith <eric.ve...@de.ibm.com>
Hechtsheimer Str. 2

IBM Deutschland GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Erich Clementi
Geschäftsführung: Martin Jetter (Vorsitzender), Reinhard Reschke, Christoph
Grandpierre, Matthias Hartmann, Michael Diemer, Martina Koederitz
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940