Hi, All!
I'm very new in Perl, so may be I'm doing something wrong.
Please help me with this :
my script read configuration file, that looks like this:
#---------------------
#hostname      #username     #Path                                #gzip
after                   #delete after
hpn003              ctanya          $PRIVATE_LOG/old_files          15
40
hpn003              ctanya           /var/tmp/tanya*                     20
60
# -------------------------
Path could be physical or start with  environment  variable; so in my script
I'm trying to check if the first character of $path is "$";
I tried it this way :
           printf("path is env var\n");
           }
           else {