On 10-10-01 06:56 PM, Brandon McCaig wrote:
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Chas. Owens<chas.ow...@gmail.com>  wrote:

Okay, here is what I think happened: you were print a carriage return.

I thought that Mac OS X used UNIX newlines though (though I'm not a
Mac user). :-/ So shouldn't "\n" be interpreted as an LF (0x0A) on
Macs, the same as it would in other unices?

The older Old World Macs (OS 9 and before) used CR to separate lines. Since OSX, they used the UNIX convention of LF since they use a variant of Darwin, a BSD OS.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

The secret to great software:  Fail early & often.

Eliminate software piracy:  use only FLOSS.