Hi Kryten,

Could you please post a sample content of the file and the actual content
that is being displayed by the script on your editor.

Also kind send the output of following script and check if its same as your
previous output.

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
use diagnostics;

#open my $configuration, 'temp.txt' or die "my error: $!" ;
my @info = <DATA> ;
chomp (@info);
foreach my $i (@info) { print "$i\n " ; }

__DATA__
Hello World
How are you
I am good

And as Shlomi said try the scripts on different editors to nail down the
issue.

Cheers,
Parag