Hello friends in the list,

I did not want to reply, however, I have now been forced to reply.

On 04/19/2011 05:26 PM, Jenda Krynicky wrote:
Try Alcoholics Anonymous. This is not a post-traumatic mutual support
group, this is a technical mailing list! If you can't handle a terse
and to the point reply, you should change the profession and try to
find nicer talking people in the humanities. The catch is that the
emails will start with a greeting, continue with a compliment, use
soft words ... and be empty, empty, empty.

A 'Technical mailing-list' does not mean that the posts are posted/read by bots! Posts are posted/read by humans who have feelings and can get hurt. Statements like the ones quoted above do more harm than good.