On Apr 23, 2011, at 10:01 AM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> I just realized something this morning.  If
> you go back through my "complaints" here and elsewhere over the years,
> they fall into two main camps:
>
> (1) people who answer someone else's question badly

[snip]

This raises for me the question, "who may submit *answers* on this list?"

It's my perception that most of protracted flaming is among the answerers.  The
asker (such as Jyotishmaan Ray in the 2009 thread Ian and Randal refer to,
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.beginners/2009/08/msg108616.html) often
disappears from the thread and is forgotten entirely, as the "expert" debate
rages on.

I've read the list FAQ, and the links that Casey provided recently, and
couldn't find an answer to this question.

Chap