On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:27 AM, Feng He <short...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/7/13 Doug Bradbury <dbradb...@8thlight.com>:
> > Does anyone have suggestions for an active and easy to use XML building &
> parsing module?
> >

> For a simple XML parsing I have used the module XML::Simple which just run
> well.
>
> Regards.
>
> --

Recently having done some work with various XML libraries in perl I have to
recommend: XML::LibXML the documentation is well how to put it not
fantastic... but once you get passed that you are looking at probably the
fastest and most powerful library for XML parsing available in perl.

It really depends on what you are looking to do though, if you are aiming
for just a simple thing with only a few messages then don't worry
about XML::LibXML
and go for XML::Simple which is more then enough in most simple cases ;-)
I found that both Twig and Treebuilder are great if you are looking at
modifying the XML (add extra nodes, alter existing nodes) but since they
build a full tree structure for the XML file you are working with depending
on the size and complexity of the file this could cause serious memory
bloat, and even out of memory errors.

Personally I think that if you can stomach it getting past the somewhat
difficult XML::LibXML documentation it will provide you the best and fastest
way of working with XML files, but I have to be honest it took me several
years before I found a project where I needed the speed and power of LibXML.
On the other hand once learned... if you have the time to do so have a go at
it you will enjoy working with it once you know how to.

Regards,

Rob