From:   Rob Coops <rco...@gmail.com>
> It really depends on what you are looking to do though, if you are aiming
> for just a simple thing with only a few messages then don't worry
> about XML::LibXML
> and go for XML::Simple which is more then enough in most simple cases ;-)

Except that it's not so simple to set it up to give you consistent
data structure with things like optional tag attributes and repeated
tags. See http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=697036

> I found that both Twig and Treebuilder are great if you are looking at
> modifying the XML (add extra nodes, alter existing nodes) but since they
> build a full tree structure for the XML file you are working with depending
> on the size and complexity of the file this could cause serious memory
> bloat, and even out of memory errors.

XML::Twig (as the name suggests) is not supposed to build a full tree
structure, but rather lets you work with parts of the document. The
"twigs".

I personally believe XML::LibXML is overcomplicated, but some people
seem to like it.

Jenda
===== je...@krynicky.cz === http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz =====
        -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery