HI All,
I have 2 sets of files I want to compare,and I don't know where to start to get what I want :( I have a reference file ( see ref for example) with a chromosome name, a start and a end position
Chr7    115249090    115859515
Chr8    25255496    29565459
Chr13    198276698    298299815
ChrX    109100951    109130998

and I have a file (file_test) file I want to parse against this reference ref.txt Chr1 115249098 Chr1 1362705 Chr8 25255996 Chr8 1362714 Chr1 1362735 ChrX 109100997 So if the position on the file_test is found in ref_file it is kept in a new file, if not discarded.

I am looking for advises /modules I could use to compare those 2 files .
many thanks in advance for any tips
Nat

--
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.