On May 30, 2012, at 1:53 PM, Yu-Shan Wang wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can I ask a quick question?
> My perl version is 5.8.3
> I couldn't find Spreadsheet::XLSX from ppm3
> I search online. It seems that my version is too old to support this
> module. Is it correct?

The current source code for Spreadsheet::XSLX (version 0.13) contains this
pragma:

use 5.006000;

So the author thinks that this module should work with any Perl older than 5.6.

> If so, is there other ways to parse *xlsm* file using perl v5.8.3

If you can't get Spreadsheet::XSLX to work and you can use Excel to save
another copy of the spreadsheet in the older xls (Excel 97-2004) format, you
can use the Spreadsheet::ParseExcel to extract information from the xls file.

Please trim your replies to the list. The extra 200+ lines included from the
previous replies were irrelevant in asking your question.

Thanks.